e-commerce has many faces and most of us see it as selling and buying products or services on the internet. But how can e-commerce benefit from the application of a wide specter of localization services?
It came to the realization of how interesting and important the role that localization and language services play in this global world. Once you go online suddenly you appear on the global market. It's a competition between companies from all over the world.
e commerce localization could be the tool that keeps your customers on your website for a longer time or turns them from potential customers to certain ones. Today we'll cover some of the challenges you may encounter when going global with your ecommerce business and how localization could save you.
The Necessity of Speaking Your Customers’ Language? And How Could e commerce Localization Help You?
When joining international markets, it will be necessary to localize your content, since the major parts of foreign customers strongly prefer to receive information in their native language. E-commerce localization should be applied to make sure that potential clients are directed to your website or online shop and finally purchase your products.
Don't forget to spice up your content with attractive images and dynamic videos localized to your audience as so many international brands do, for example, Maybelline sells their products worldwide using different languages, and localizing their ads to fit each culture.
Why is Localization Relevant for e-commerce Businesses Today?
Once you or your company has established a successful e-commerce business in the market, and your products or brand proved that your plan and strategy are functional and well-managed, then you may start planning your business expansion abroad. Usually, by beginning with demographic and economic research you create your expansion strategy. That's where e-commerce and localization go hand in hand.
An important takeaway from the last period is that online customers are more skilled and experienced now than ever before. They know better on how to search and evaluate the e-commerce website from their point of view.
Today online customers demand more than just the cheapest price tag, so if you've decided to expand your online business to different markets or to go on the global market then it's time for e-commerce localization.
Why is eCommerce localization important? here we can see three main points e-commerce localization definitely will do to your online business:
1. It increases sales and helps your business to be searchable which means to be able to compete in the home competition market.
2. It improves the customer experience by providing them with relevant content that helps them to make a decision.
3. The more localized your eCommerce seems, the more that you have more closed deals and less lost opportunities for your business.
Two Examples for Ecommerce Localization
Booking.com is a popular online travel agency that specializes in booking accommodations, flights, and other travel-related services. They use a combination of translation, cultural adaptation, and local marketing to ensure their brand message is well-received in different markets.
• Booking.com has translated its website into over 40 languages, making it easy for users from different countries to browse and book accommodation in their native language.
• Booking.com has made efforts to adapt its platform to different cultures. For example, in Japan, they've added an option for guests to specify their preferred futon or tatami bed, which is a common sleeping style in Japanese culture. They use some of each country's historical places on the top of each page.
• Booking.com has also invested in local marketing campaigns to target specific markets.
• Booking.com accepts a wide range of payment methods, including local payment options like Alipay and WeChat Pay in China, making it easy for users to book accommodations without having to worry about currency exchange rates or international transaction fees.
Nike's global presence is a testament to its success. To cater to its diverse customer base, they have invested heavily in e commerce localization, providing tailored experiences for its customers in various regions.
With localized online stores in over 40 countries, Nike ensures that customers can browse and purchase its products in their preferred language and currency. The brand's localized ecommerce sites also offer country-specific promotions, localized content, and support for local payment methods.
eCommerce localization enabled the brand to connect with its customers on a more personal level, delivering a seamless online shopping experience that resonates with each customer's unique cultural and linguistic preferences.
We know that the standard website is not the only channel for e-commerce today many businesses invest in e-commerce online applications, and many created great online shops for mobile devices, but we know that websites are usually the initial platform, and the other ones are based on it so it's important to focus on every and each detail.
Not to miss any business opportunity make your website:
1. Simple visuals.
2. Pay attention to what is the most important for your audience.
3. Avoid clutter and make the call to action easy to find.
4. Optimize your content regularly.
5. Make it interactive to encourage your audience to take some action.
The Importance of Attractive CTA (Call to Action) in eCommerce Localization
Localized or translated CTA buttons would encourage people to go and search for the products and to go deeper into your website. They will check the product side where they can see all the necessary information for this product.
Having a highlighted call to action button to proceed with the purchase can make it easy shopping for your international customers.
How to Create and Deliver the Best Content for Your Multilingual Website?
Multilingual SEO is part of e-commerce localization. It is a crucial aspect of optimizing your website for global markets. This involves:
1. Developing a search engine optimization strategy for your global eCommerce. 2. Ensuring that your localized e-commerce ranks high in the target market's dominant search engine.
It's important to note that Google is not the only search engine used today, so a multilingual SEO strategy should encompass all search engines to increase conversion rates and close deals.
Multilingual SEO improves your Ecommerce website search ranking position and generates organic traffic, which is more cost-effective than paid promotion. In order to attract a larger audience, it's crucial to provide relevant content that includes the right keywords, specific alternatives, and common typos made by target audience.
The Ecommerce localization process involves identifying commonly used terms and creating a target keyword list using analytical tools to ensure that the keywords are relevant to the target market. The process also involves continuous optimization, testing, and analysis to achieve desired results.
The Visual Content Creation and eCommerce Localization
Both visual content creation and e-commerce localization are closely related because of their visual elements, such as images and videos. They play an important role in attracting and engaging customers on eCommerce websites.
Localization of visual content is necessary to ensure that the images and videos used on the website are culturally appropriate and resonate with the target audience. This means that visual content needs to be adapted to reflect the local customs, traditions, and values of the target market.
Take The First Step Towards Your Global Customers and Let Your eCommerce Talk the Language of Your Customers.