Your business can depend on software localization technology to make its workflow quicker, simpler, and more affordable. Software localization offers you:
1. Collaborative workspace in the cloud accessible to all stakeholders
2. Real-time notifications for stakeholders regarding software localization status updates
3. Comprehensive support for different file formats
4. Seamless integrations with existing company systems through software development kits or APIs
5. Preview functionality for reviewing software translations before deployment
6. Detailed statistics on the software localization performance
7. Great management of terminology and Quality assurance checks
8. Visual references for UI strings requiring translation
These are the essential factors that business owners should keep in mind when starting on a software localization project.
1. Market Research on Target Regions
Effective software localization begins with comprehensive market analysis. By researching the language, culture, and user habits of the target audience, developers gain insights to tailor their product for maximum engagement. Market research uncovers valuable customer preferences and patterns, guiding adaptations to meet local consumer needs. Leveraging social media and user reviews enhances localization efforts, while collaborating with local experts ensures accurate translations and marketing strategies.
2. The Product Technical Requirements
Software localization success relies on understanding the technical requirements and linguistic gaps. This involves managing language files, encoding, fonts, and UI elements. Proper coding techniques and rigorous testing ensure multilingual support and visual adjustments. Expert software localization teams handle locale-specific design while maintaining functionality.
3. Language and Cultural Barriers
Through linguistic adaptations and localized content businesses can forge connections with consumers worldwide. These adjustments enhance user experiences which drive satisfaction and unlock new markets. Software localization enables personalized content aligned with local preferences to empower businesses.
4. Resource Requirements and Costs
Evaluating resource requirements and costs is vital for effective software localization strategies. Thorough analysis of resources like language expertise, translation software, and cultural knowledge is essential. Weighing them against financial investment for each step guides appropriate budget allocation, ensuring effective localization efforts.
If “Can’t Read, Won’t Buy” is a role and a fact in our new world, CSA RESEARCH says that 40% of customers refrain from purchasing products in a different language, while 73% desire product reviews in their mother tongue. Additionally, 65% prefer content in their language, even if it's of subpar quality. Software localization investments yield significant benefits such as expanding customer reach, capturing global market share, and enhancing company valuation. To assess the impact, measuring Return on Investment (ROI) becomes a crucial step in localization endeavors.
Here is how to calculate the (ROI) from software localization
1. Create a Key Performance Indicators to Analyze Data
Create a set of measurable and comparable success metrics to help you measure the progress, calculate ROI, adjust in future projects and identify the new opportunities of software localization. All parties should be involved in defining these KPIs.
The KPIs won’t only help you calculating the ROI, but it can be used to figure out:
• Market Share
• SEO Ranking
• Conversion Rates
• Page View
2. Will Help You Understand the Costs of Software Localization
Costs vary among software localization providers, so gather proposals and clarify details. Costs may vary depending on the supply vs. demand aspect of the language. For example, the localization cost for the Icelandic market would be higher than the Spanish.
3. Track the Revenue of Localized Projects
Use estimations to predict expected revenue, based on sales forecast and growth predictions, and marketing activities
After the software localization is implemented, start tracking revenue and market data, and compare with the projections.