To work on your e-commerce website translation. To get the aimed benefits of localization and to see the return on your investment you need to think of your localization strategy.
Planning your route and setting your goals for localizing your business time and effort.
Each localization strategy should answer five questions, which are:
1. What do you want to achieve through localization? What are your localization objectives?
2. What is the language of the targeted region? What is their location?
3. Who will do the job? Would you hire a localization agency?
4. How is localization going to serve your business? Which type of localization will you consider?
5. What are your tools? Will you use machine translation tools? Will you consider human translation instead?
After working on your localization strategy and answering the questions above. We go through the process of e-commerce website translation.
• Preparation for Localization:
Before localizing your e-commerce website, there are some preparations that should be made for your website because many websites were not built to be multilingual. In this step, software localization is essential to handle as it was handled successfully your translation implantation would work perfectly.
• Content Extraction for Localization:
By compiling all the text in a strings file and choosing a TMS for translation. After choosing the preferred translation management system you need to choose an experienced team to handle the translation.
• Content Translation and Localization:
In this step, it’s important to take your industry or niche into account. As it will help you best candidates for the job. Or choosing the right language provider.
• Localized Content Reviewing:
This step includes proofreading or assessment of translation. Quality is essential to ensure high-quality localized content for your target audience.
• Localized Content Integration:
At the beginning of this process, we extracted the content from your product, after localizing it. It's time to implement localized content to your e-commerce website. There are some technologies that would do this directly through dropping these files into the designated folder for your localized version.
• Releasing the Final Localized Product:
Testing and finding bugs to solve them to make sure that your e-commerce localization is ready to go.
Benefits and ROI Of e-commerce Website Translation
According to CSA
, 40% of customers won’t buy from a website that is not available in their native language. Their research “Can’t Read, Won’t Buy”
shows that 72.1% of consumers spend most or all of their time on websites in their own language. E-commerce website translation will allow global website visitors to read your products’ descriptions and convert them to customers.
Here are what your business will be getting from e-commerce website translation:
1. Expanded Market Reach: e-commerce website translation allows businesses to enter new markets and connect with customers who prefer to shop in their native languages. This can lead to a substantial increase in customer base and market penetration.
2. Reduced Bounce Rates: e-commerce localization reduces the likelihood of visitors immediately leaving your website due to language barriers. As a result, bounce rates decrease, leading to more engaged users who explore your products and services.
3. Cross-Border Sales: using the same language as your customers reduce barriers that might discourage international purchases. This opens opportunities for increased cross-border sales, contributing to revenue growth.
4. Increased Revenue: By reaching a wider global audience, e-commerce website translation can lead to higher sales and revenue generation. Localized content makes it easier for international customers to understand and purchase products, ultimately boosting conversion rates.
5. Enhanced Customer Loyalty: By catering to local preferences and cultural nuances, localized e-commerce websites can build stronger connections with customers. This often results in increased customer loyalty and positive word-of-mouth recommendations.
How to Create a Cross-Border Digital Experience Using UI/UX and E-commerce Website Translation?
Localization means adaptation and UX localization means adapting your website by implanting translated content, software localization and design. It means this process is way beyond translation.
By working on your website’s e-commerce localization, you will improve all of these elements on your website:
1. Adapting the localized content of your product to the cultural preferences and usage patterns of the intended audience as opposed to translating it word for word.
2. Convening numbers and utilizing the currency of the targeted country.
3. Customizing the user interface to each language's unique space requirements.
4. Ensuring that icons, colors, images, and visuals are appropriate for the target culture.
5. Modifying the user experience (UX) to align with local standards by making it more appropriate for users from other countries in terms of language, norms, and expectations.
Through e-commerce localization you will ensure getting the benefits of e-commerce website translation and more:
• Ensuring Usability in Global Markets.
• Considering Internationalization When Designing.
How to Rank with SEO in Global Markets?
Use these three steps to high rank in search engines:
1. Using local keywords in your content
You can utilize keywords in social media postings or include them in the product descriptions you post on your website.
It's well-known that international ecommerce platforms like Amazon, Alibaba and Noon take care of their local SEO strategy.
One of the common things between them is that they all optimize their website for customers worldwide directly when using their websites.
Also, each website shows the most searchable products in a place that is well-seen by website visitors.
2. Optimizing Images for Other Cultures
Optimize images for the targeted culture and optimize their language for the targeted region too. It is easier for search engines like Google to determine the purpose of your page when an image has both the English and translated labels.one of the things that can be done is translating the alt text to multiple languages. Web visitors can read alt text instead of depending only on the visual depiction to understand what they are viewing.
3. Create A Unique Content for the Target Audience
Your website’s content should be produced in a way that maintains the original meaning of the content while making it seem natural and understandable to readers in that language. You should ensure that each translated version has a unique identity.
E-commerce website translation and the other e-commerce localization tools and methods are essential for internationalization and globalization.
Check our services at Saudisoft and start achieving your globalization goal.